Pam Barnsley is a former newspaper reporter and snowboard instructor whose work has appeared in magazines, ad copy, and on CBC television and radio. Harbour Publishing published her non-fiction book, Hiking Trails of the Sunshine Coast. Her first mystery novel, The River Cage, set in Whistler in the world of Paralympic athletes, whitewater kayakers, and mountain bikers. An earlier version, titled This Cage of Bones, was shortlisted for the CWC Best Unpublished First Crime Novel Award.
Pam is now toiling on the next in the Detective Mary Swift series, Bed of Lies.
- “Next Time Will Be Different” in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, November 2002
- “Venom” in Storyteller Magazine, Winter 2004
- “Don’t Tell Mom” in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, September 2004
- “There Really is A Santa, Pops” in Storyteller Magazine, Fall 2006
- “El Sombre” in Storyteller Magazine, Summer 2008